H. Stewart Carpenter, Ph.D.
Dr. Carpenter is a "language doctor" who has a Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics and an M.A. in TESL/Bilingual Education, both from Georgetown University in Washington, DC. She has been a university instructor, served in Teach For America (Phoenix, AZ), and worked in public relations and the news media. She is a teacher, writer, researcher, and world traveler.
Posts by H. Stewart Carpenter, Ph.D.:
- How English Native Speakers Do It: Having Worthwhile Conversations to Connect and Grow
- The Tale of the Misunderstood Toolmakers
- How to Unlock the Mysteries of L2 Growth with Outstanding Class Conversations
- Good Advice: NPR’s Fascinating StoryCorps for Practicing Listening Skills
- Computer Lab Day Is Here: Begin with Helpful Vocabulary
- Googling: For Adult ESL/EFL Students, It’s Not as Easy as It Looks
- TEFL-nology: Online Treasure Troves for EFL Teachers